Sunday, March 4, 2007

Adventures of Nettlekiss and Snitch!

OMG!! I LOVE LOTRO!

The character Design: Nettle is a black haired, grey eyed beauty with pointy ears. lol Her face and body were very easy to customize. She's lovely and graceful.

The graphics for powers: She actually reaches into her bag and pulls out some powder, pulls something out of a second bag and combines them in her hands to throw a fireball!! If you're grumbling that this takes too long...ask yourself how long it takes to get a shadowbolt off in WoW...

The environment: Sooo beautiful and realistic. The haunting sounds of the Whippoorwill, the ominous bass of the unexplored cave, your muffled footsteps in a snowy forest, but in case you're thinking it's all airy fairy...uh uh! The very first moment from logging in, I was immersed in the tension of the gameplay. Things were on fire, people were injured and someone was trying to get my attention so I could go help them hold the gates!! Get this....I defended the gate and guess who showed up to run with me to the next commander who needed my help? Elrond...yeah...fuckin' Elrond.

This is what sold me though (cause I'm a geek like that)...I have a pet raven. I'm able to name him. He's inky black, realistic and sinister. He's the coolest thing EVER! He even attacks for me. He swoops in and bats his wings at them, pecks and claws at them. Just having him travel with me, flying at my shoulder adds the coolest element to the mood of the gameplay.
After a brief (in gamer standards) gaming session of two hours, I'm hooked.
That's it. I deactivated my CoX account and I'm pre-ordering LOTRO!!
**giggles like an 8 year old**

P.S. Thank you Riot for your generousity. Being able to try the game before buying was great!

8 comments:

Wolf Riot said...

Excellent...another one crosses the fence into my domain, mwahahaha.

Nettle said...

Hey Wolf Riot, my friend FancyThat is interested in joining us as well. Fancy, meet Riot, Riot, meet Fancy. :)

Wolf Riot said...

*wave*

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have no idea what LOTRO is, but I was told to come by and say "hi."

I would tell you what my name was in CoV and WoW, but I cannot remember. Just call me Joseph Papparelli or something.

Greets!

Wolf Riot said...

Howdy. If there's anything you want to know about LOTRO, ask me.

(BTW - LOTRO = Lord of the Rings Online)

Nettle said...

OMG it's my friend who hates Luxembourg!! LOL (I linked his page)

Welcome!!

How goes the campaign?

Anonymous said...

Bah... bloody Luxembourgians are on to me. Checkpoints everywhere. Well, okay, just a guy with a Doberman, but that thing has a good smell ability. Also, my neighbour is looking at me strange. I think he may be one of THEM.

They did an expose on me on Luxembourg national public radio a while back. No, really.

Oh, and thanks for letting me know it's Lord of the Rings Online. Sounds fun and lumpy.

Nettle said...

Please, PLEASE tell me you have a sound file of that. I don't care if it's in Luxembourgishian, I just want to hear them say "Joseph Papparelli" with that accent!

Watch that neighbor. I'd start padlocking my trashcans if I were you.